Last modified: January 3, 2013
c/o Bath Simple
5215 Central Ave., Suite A
Richmond, CA 94804
Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
• Information you provide – When you sign up for a Bath Simple Account [link to Log In], we ask you for personal information. “Personal Information” is information that you provide to us which personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information, or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information by Bath Simple. We may collect personal information when you purchase, order, return, exchange or request certain information about our products and services. This also applies when you contact a customer service representative or employee of Bath Simple. This allows us to better serve you.
• Log Information – When you access Bath Simple services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
• User Communications – When you send email or other communications to Bath Simple, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services and products.
• Customer Service - When you call one of our customer service representatives about a product, delivery, an installation, a billing question or for customer service, you may be asked for information that identifies you along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question, such as your name and address and a phone number where we might contact you. We may retain this information to assist you in the future.
• Shopping Service – All of the information you provide us when you place an order on our Site is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
• Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services and develop new services; and
• Protect the rights or property of Bath Simple or our users.
Bath Simple processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
You can use the Bath Simple Dashboard [link to Log In screen] to review and control the information stored in your Bath Simple Account.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Bath Simple features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Bath Simple only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Bath Simple in the following limited circumstances:
• We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Bath Simple, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Bath Simple employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing And Updating Personal Information
When you use Bath Simple services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
Bath Simple adheres to the US Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement.
Protecting Childrens' Privacy
The Bath Simple sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.